Saturday, June 20, 2009

WE'RE HOME!!!!

We got home late Wednesday night and it is so good to be in our home with Julianna! After travelling for about 29 hours straight, we were greeted at the airport by our family and friends. It was so good to see everybody although Ed and I agreed that we are not sure what we even said to anybody due to sheer exhaustion. Julianna was very good on the long flight from Shanghai to Atlanta and slept a good bit of the time. It was so sweet to get home and have signs up in the neighborhood and in our home welcoming us and Julianna and a Build-A-Bear was in her room from her friends Cody and Lily. I also heard that one of my friends who I won't name (Joy Hetler) actually picked the lock of our house by using a card! I am wondering if she has done that before. :)

I want to say a special thank you to my sister Trina for keeping my blog up while we were in China and couldn't access it. She is the best sister and friend I could ever ask for and has been a constant support to me over these many years. I love you, Trina!

We have been trying to get on a schedule but we all 3 have our days and nights mixed up. That will work out in time. Julianna and I were able to spend about 6 hours today together alone and everything went great! We hope and continue to pray that God would heal her little heart and mind.

Thanks for all the sweet comments left on the blog. Ed and I have been reading them over the past couple of days. Thanks also for the prayers that have been offered up on our behalf. We could feel them literally in China.

Here are some pictures of our greeting at the airport:
















10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are finally home! I can't wait to meet Julianna! She is an absolute doll and I agree with the person that said she looks like you! I am still praying for you. :)
    Susan V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Jernigans! Don't hesitate to call if you need anything.
    Mickie G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you are home safe and sound! 6 hours of Mommy and Julianna time (Yeah! She is coming around). Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home to the three of you. Cant wait to meet your beautiful baby girl :)
    The Schmidts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are home with your precious little girl. I know it was a long journey for you. I can't wait to meet her. You will get your days and nights back in order. It took us about a week to finally get back on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Home! Enjoy your mommy time...we miss you.

    Mark D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Home! Cannot wait to her how Julianna and Phoebs are working out!! It is hard to believe that after all of these years of waiting you finally have Julianna home! Hope to hear from you soon! Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so happy for you all! Julianna is a precious gift and God has truly blessed you! We are so excited your "Julianna and Mommy time" on Saturday - God is so good!! We look forward to getting to know her. Enjoy these days, even with the time 'mix-up', they all pass so quickly. You are truly blessed! The Boyd Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you guys are home-- I know it's been rough at times, but you and Ed and Julianna are all learning together! Love you and looking forward to another visit soon. Your Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband and I were really pleased to be on the plane with you from Atlanta to Huntsville.
    Well especially me. David changed seats with you and that gave me a chance to play with Julianna for an hour. I really enjoyed that. She was really sweet and ready to play of course she was chest to chest with her dad. I am really looking forward to getting to see her again soon. We are praying for you.
    David and Edna Stafford.

    ReplyDelete